Declaration – Clean & Safe Establishment
How are we protecting YOU and OURSELVES against the Coronavirus:
1 – All of our tours are private. This means that everyone in the party knows everyone, no outsiders will be allowed.
2 – Masks and personal disinfectant will be mandatory inside the transportation vans as well as inside some monuments.
3 – Rootfarers is following a strict safety protocol that’s highlighted below:
All Employees received information and / or specific training on:
- Internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the following:
- hand hygiene: wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70º of alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until they are dry.
- Respiratory etiquette: cough or sneeze into the forearm or use a tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; Always wash hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing; Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with hands.
- social conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and the customers, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared jobs, face-to-face meetings and food sharing, utensils , glasses and towels.
- How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever (measure body temperature twice a day and record the measurement value and time), check for coughing or difficulty breathing.
- How to comply with the guidelines for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes in establishments.
The following information is available to all customers:
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the coronavirus outbreak
- What is the internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
Our company has:
- Enough individual protection equipment for workers involved in activities.
- individual protection equipment available to customers.
The internal cleaning and sanitation protocol ensures:
- Washing at high temperatures of clothing used in activities and other accessories made available (eg towels), by employees and customers (around 60ºC).
- Supply of alcohol-based hand sanitizers, whenever justified, to participants in activities.
- Hygiene or disinfection of the equipment used, after each activity, according to the rules applicable to each type of equipment.
- Hygiene or disinfection of the means of transport used, after each activity, and in accordance with the rules applicable to each type of transport.
Our company guarantees:
- Social safety distance between participants in the activities, according to the recommendations.
- Maximum occupancy of the means of transport used in the activities, according to the recommendations.
- The distribution of information, within the scope of the activity, preferably in digital / online support.
- Compliance with internal hygiene and safety protocols by partners involved in activities.
- That there is always an employee at the service responsible for initiating the procedures in case of suspected infection (accompanying the person with symptoms to the isolation space, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the national health service).
- Storage of waste produced by patients suspected of infection in a plastic bag that, after being closed (eg with a clamp), must be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of hospital waste with biological risk.